Controller name: Copper Reed Studio Ltd (“Copper Reed”).
The Box at Lindesfarne, North Circular Road, Limerick
Phone: +353 61 400 620
Controller contact: Michelle McInerney.
Copper Reed is committed to the privacy of those that we engage with and this policy details our approach.
Personal data will be processed by Copper Reed in accordance with current Data Protection Laws in Ireland.
Personal Data and Collection
We may obtain personal data including name, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, other electronic identifiers, title, IP address, company details, and other information provided by you in accordance with this policy and with Data Protection Law. We may also obtain similar information from other sources such as third parties, or when you sign up to or attend events or otherwise engage with the business.
Purpose of Use
We use personal data for the purposes for which it was provided to us as expressed at the point of collection or as is obvious in the context of collection. Typically, information is collected by us to:
- Communicate with you for marketing purposes, and the analytics of such communications;
- Provide you with requested information;
- Review and consider curriculum vitae;
- To improve our website and provide a personalised experience to you;
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our business in promoting our services and recruiting staff.
Your data may also be used in the course of system maintenance; system logs, diagnosis of issues on company systems and the company website, or for site optimisation procedures.
We do not obtain personal data for distribution or sale to third parties for consumer marketing purposes.
Disclosure to Third Parties & International Transfer
We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information while it is in our possession. Your personal information may be transferred to third-party service providers who process information on Copper Reed’s behalf, including providers of information technology, website hosting and management, data analysis, anti-spam services, data back-up, security, and storage services.
Where we transfer your data to a third party based in the US, the data may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar to those in Europe.
Confidentiality & Security
Copper Reed has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from alteration, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, and from use for unauthorised purposes. Furthermore, we have taken measures to ensure that contracts with all third parties that provide technical and processing services to first include terms that specify appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent accidental, unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of personal data.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask for additional information to verify your identity prior to acting upon such requests.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
Removal from Mailing Lists
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button on certain communications, or by contacting us at email@example.com
We retain personal data that you submit to us only for as long as is necessary and for the purposes for which it was obtained, or as required by law.
Consent for Children
We does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. We do not provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through our website. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this privacy statement by instructing their children never to provide personal information via our website without their guardian’s consent.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to make changes to our web privacy statement at any time without prior consultation; these changes will be posted on this page together with the privacy statement revision date.
Updated May 2022